INVESTIGATION AND PROSECUTION OF INTERNATIONAL CRIMES BY THE STATES
PROFESSOR IN CHARGE OF THE SUBJECT
Dr. Antoni Pigrau Solé, Professor of Public International Law at the Rovira i Virgili University (URV).
Dra. Paramonova Svetlana Leonidovna, Professor of Comparative Criminal Law. Free University of Brussels).
17th of September 2018 to 17th of December 2018. 1 week of presentation, 10 weeks of consecutive teaching and 1 final week of evaluation/retrieval with a previous week off.
5 evaluative tests with a load of 20% on the final grade. There is no final test. Delivery of suspended or non-delivered works: last week (10 of December).
- The principle of Universal Justice.
- The Audere et iudicare duty.
- Other possible legal foundations (criteria of competence and admissibility: active and passive, territorial, material and temporary).
- Reception and internal adaptation of international crimes.
- Other positive duties (cooperation and collaboration).
- Mechanisms for judicial cooperation and extradition.
- State immunity (Congo against Belgium).
- Systems of community justice and international crimes (Gacaca...); and Systems of internal justice (Germany post Nuremberg, Eichmann Process in Israel...).
- State agreements and competence of the ICC.
- The relations of the State with other international jurisdictional bodies.