THE INTERNATIONAL CRIMINAL COURT AND OTHER INTERNATIONAL JUDICIAL INSTITUTIONS
PROFESSOR IN CHARGE OF THE SUBJECT
Dr. Alejandro Kiss.
Sr. Blas J. Imbroda Ortiz, President of the ICB, Professor of Law at the University of Granada and Dean of the Illustrious Bar Association of Melilla.
Dr. Esteban Peralta Losilla. Chief, Counsel Support Section at the International Criminal Court.
17th of September 2018 to 17th of December 2018. 1 week of presentation, 10 weeks of consecutive teaching and 1 final week of evaluation/retrieval with a previous week off.
5 evaluative tests with a load of 20% on the final grade. There is no final test. Delivery of suspended or non-delivered works: last week (10 of December).
- Genesis. Creation process. Background, process and principles of Nuremberg, and Tokyo.
- Ad hoc Tribunals (Tribunal for the Former Yugoslavia and for Rwanda).
- Hybrid model, Tribunal for Sierra Leone, Cambodia, Lebanon, Kosovo (regional).
- Statute of the International Criminal Court: Nature and content.
- The mechanism for the reform of the Court.
- Institutional architecture: secretary, prosecutor's office, chambers, assembly of States, Defense of victims, trust funds for victims, presidency.
- Active legitimization of the procedure
- The material jurisdiction of the Court.